The programmes will enable 74 Latvian education, public administration and business leaders to acquire new competences, learn about best practices from abroad and receive expert support to implement their ideas in Latvia. More information about the programmes can be found here: Leader Program – Innovation Education.
The Leaders Program, led by the Education Innovation Lab, provides an opportunity for high-level leaders in higher education and different organizations to learn about structuring, managing, financing, and interacting effectively with innovation initiatives. The Education Innovation Leaders Program is divided into two separate sub-programs. The Ecosystem Innovation Project Management Group will implement specific projects, while the Strategic Ecosystem Management Group will focus more on the overall education ecosystem and strategy development.
These projects will receive support from the Education Innovation Laboratory and MIT J-WEL as part of the Strategic Education Innovation Project Support Program:
- Innovation and Digital Skills Development Lab, Riga Technical University
- Establishing a modern and sustainable environment for education and innovation at the Healthcare Advancement Center, Riga Technical University and Children’s Clinical University Hospital
- Digital platform of the unified skills monitoring system of Rīga Stradiņš University and Latvian medical institutions, Rīga Stradiņš University
- SOS Health Communications, Rīga Stradiņš University
- Enhancing doctoral program and providing a platform for industrial collaboration to apply innovative ideas under the new doctoral program model, University of Latvia
- Hybrid education strategy as basis for future universities, Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
MIT J-WEL is an education laboratory affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one of the world’s top universities (ranked 1st in the QS World University Ranking 2023), with the aim of strengthening collaboration with other universities in the world and promoting excellence and transformation in education worldwide.
The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) within the project No. 184.108.40.206/18/I/008 „Support for RTU International Cooperation Projects in Research and Innovation”.
More about Education Innovation Laboratory and it’s programs: