“The business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs.” These are words by management classic Peter Drucker. The purpose of the marketing course is to acquaint students with the terminology, tools, and practice of implementing marketing management strategies and tools in complex environments:
1. To develop students’ ability to analyze the marketing environment and to draw conclusions from the analysis;
2. To introduce participants to a variety of concepts, theories, facts, analytical procedures, techniques, and models and their application within business organizations with a view of the Latvian business environment;
3. To understand principles of business model creation, improvement, and the role of marketing in the process;
4. To evaluate and control marketing programs. We will examine current best practices in Europe and North America with a view to adopting them to the Latvian business environment.
Course is priced at 750 Eur + VAT
Requirements to receive the certificate:
- 80% attendance
- active participation in classes that includes discussions, group and individual work.