Transitioning from Entrepreneurial to Professional Management
This course is designed for senior managers and company owners. The course provides tools and methods from the Adizes Methodology for building high-performing agile organizations that can operate independently of the founder/owner. Over 4 days you will experience a repeatable, straight-forward approach to management that prepares a management team to take over from the founder.
The methodology naturally unlocks entrepreneurial vitality previously centered in the founder. You will learn how your company, by employing the right processes and structure, can harness its inherent conflict to drive greater achievements while giving people more opportunity.
This is a highly interactive workshop during which you will practice applying the Adizes tools on your company. For this reason, it will be useful if at least 2 people from your company leadership participate.
Topics for the first two session days include:
- Roles and Styles of Management
- Corporate lifecycles – How companies are born, grow, age, and die
- How to move beyond the founder-centered business model
- How to build proactive middle management
Topics for the second two session days include:
- How to collaboratively conduct a managerial diagnosis
- How to establish and run cross-functional problem-solving teams
- How to integrate a robust continuous improvement process
- How to collaboratively establish a dynamic strategic direction
- How to build a structure that stimulates entrepreneurial vitality
- How to ensure a culture of accountability
Examples in Latvia of companies using Adizes include a wooden packaging manufacturer that has seen sales grow organically since 2019 from 40 million to 125 million euros, from 1 to 5 profit centers, and from 0 to over 10 million in net profits in 4 years. Another distribution company started in 2017 saw profits grow from 0 to 5 million euros in 3 years while sales went from 55 million to 75 million euros.
* This course is delivered in two modules of two days each usually a break between modules. Participants have the option to attend the initial two sessions before deciding whether to proceed with the subsequent two. However, opting for the complete course, encompassing all four sessions is highly recommended for maximum results.
EUR 2800 + VAT (four sessions/full course)
EUR 1500 + VAT (two sessions, if paid in 2 installments)
Requirements to receive the certificate:
- To receive a certificate of completion, the students will need to attend all 4 days during which they will complete a plan of action for their companies.